Not only is it easier to use, the scanner runs much faster since we eliminate generating HTML for displaying results within the browser. On our current engagement, we scan close over 200 mainframe libraries containing over 80,000 programs within 15 minutes.
- -WINDOW, -CRTFORM, -PROMPT, -FULLSCR
- CRTFORM, FIDEL, FI3270 (used within MODIFY)
- PFKEY, SET PF
- Perform case-sensitive search (or uppercase all text first)
- Perform stand-alone search (or allow the token to be embedded within a string)
- Ignore blanks between search tokens (since developers often format code using spaces between words)
- Reporting App = high number of TABLE (report) requests but few MODIFYs (database updates)
- Online Reporting App = Reporting App with high number of -CRTFORMs (menu screens) or -PROMPTs
- Online Maintenance App = MODIFYs, CRTFORMs (transactional screens), and PFKEY usage
- Batch Maintenance App = MODIFYs with FIXFORM/FREEFORM (transactions) instead of screens
- Multi-Step Batch Job = JCL with various FOCUS and non-FOCUS steps (which implies this application may be difficult to port to a new platform)
This application has evolved over time. When we first developed it, it handled SQL-based legacy tools. After that, we enhanced it for the NOMAD and FOCUS 4GL. Since then, we have added features for a variety of products such as SAS, QMF/SQL, Oracle Portal, and SAP Business Objects (Crystal Reports, Deski, and Webi).
In addition to the reporting tools, we have added features for handling complementary technologies such as metadata schemas, HTML web pages, and mainframe job control language (JCL).
- Preparing for FOCUS-to-WebFOCUS Conversions
- Converting the NOMAD 4GL to WebFOCUS
- Convert FOCUS Batch JCL Jobs for WebFOCUS
- Automatically Modernize QMF/SQL to WebFOCUS